ProductsHome / Products / SLM 3D Printer
Selective Laser Melting (SLM) is a special 3D printing technology that uses a high power density laser to completely melt and fuse metal powders, which can be used to create realistic metal prototypes or small batch series of metal parts.
Selective laser melting 3D printer features
SLM technology is capable of producing geometries containing complex features that are not possible with traditional manufacturing methods such as casting, powder metallurgy, forging and extrusion.
1. Selective laser melting 3D printer allows the fabrication of prototype device components for design verification prior to mass production runs.
2. SLM technology supports the production of components in small batches, especially during the initial design, any design changes can be implemented quickly.
3. The technology shortens the product life cycle through flexible production stages, ensuring a shorter time-to-market for manufacturing equipment.
4. There is no limit to the fabrication of any complex shape by selective laser melting 3D printer, such as porous scaffolds and components with designed porosity, which can be precisely fabricated by SLM.
5. The fabrication of biomedical devices via SLM does not require additional expensive tools or extensive assembly requirements, which directly reduces production costs.
6. SLM technology allows complexity and free customization of biomedical devices.
7. Optimizing various processing parameters of SLM can make the part density of titanium alloy up to 99.98%, so that the mechanical properties, corrosion behavior and process accuracy of the manufactured parts can meet the requirements of medical or dental parts manufacturing.
|Laser||500W、500W*2/IPG Fiber Laser|
|Max Scanning Speed||≤7000mm/s|
|Oxygen Concentration Control||≤100PPM|
|Bed Pre-heating Temperature||≤200℃|
|Atmospheric Control||Argon Content , Nitrogen Purification Efficiency, Collection Coefficient ≥99% (In the Sealed Environment)|
|Powdered Material||Stainless Steel, Cobalt-chromium Alloy, Hastelloy Alloy, Titanium Alloy, Nickel Base Alloy, Die Steel, Aluminum Alloy and Refractory Metals such as Tungsten and Tantalum|
|Part Density||Nearly 100%|
|Powder Spreading Manner||Automatic Powder Feeding, One-way Powder Spreading|
Unlike other metal 3D printing technologies, the laser melting process produces parts that are mechanically comparable to traditionally produced metal parts. As a result, the technology has been commonly used for part prototypes and low-volume production in the following industries:
As a professional industrial metal 3D printers supplier. KINGS can provide custom 3D printing solution from rapid prototyping to mass production, welcome to contact us for detailed information!
Materials used in selective laser melting 3D printer
Stainless Steel: Stainless steel combines high hardness, high ductility and corrosion resistance. Suitable for parts requiring high strength.
Aluminium: Aluminium is a light metal (density approximately 2.7 g/cm³) and is easy to machine. It is a good choice for parts that require light weight and strength.
Titanium: High strength, low density, corrosion resistance, and biocompatibility make titanium an excellent choice for medical implants, jewelry, and aerospace applications.
Copyright © Shenzhen Kings 3D Printing Technology Co.,Ltd. All Rights Reserved | Sitemap